How to Write Brittany

Okay, now that she's out in the field here are some updates for writing:







Physical Address

110 Edgewater Circle

San Benito, TX
78586







Her email address has changed to brittany.morrill@myldsmail.net.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Week One

Ma! Hola! Well, I made it to P-day. The MTC is amaaaaazing. Everybody says the first 4 days are the roughest and the rest is downhill from there. I happened to think the first 4 days were incredible so I can't really imagine it getting better. The food here isn't really that great. But I've still been managing to be a veggie :) ... they have a wrap/salad bar that I usually hit up. It's pretty good. Did you get the letter I sent?
We got a new sister in our district so now Hermana Montes de Oca and I are just companions and the new Sister and Hermana Smith are companions. I feel naked only having one person by my side constantly now instead of two. It's nice though, we're both on the same page about a lot of things so I think it will be a beautiful companionship while it lasts. (She leave for the Madrid MTC in about two weeks.)
It's P-day today which is so exciting. It was weird to wake up and put normal clothes on. I feel very out of place in them already and I've been living this life style for less than a week. Funny. We get to go to the temple, do laundry, write letters, shop a bit, and then at 7:00 there will be a devotional.
Speaking of devotionals, Sundays here are incredible! First of all, Sister Elaine S. Dalton (the young women general president) came and spoke to us at Relief Society. Because there are much less sisters than there are elders, R.S. is combined with all the sisters in the MTC. Holy cow, Sister Dalton is a powerful woman. Her talk was amazing. She told a story about how she was running with her husband and he started running up a hill that she wasn't planning on doing. She got intensely tired half way up the hill and told her husband she was going to turn around and run back down. And her husband said, "Oh, Elaine, don't you know you should never turn around in the middle of a hill?" She related that we should never quit or turn around when we are going through something tough in life because the view at the top of the hill is ALWAYS worth it. She is so great.
Then for our little Sunday Fireside, the BYU men's chorus came and did a Christmas program. They have the most beautiful voices! Some of them shared their conversion stories and then they sang and it was just delightful.
So I got pretty sick this week. Remember how I wrote you in that letter and said "i'm here, i'm healthy..." ha. false. It was a little bit miserable but I feel like I'm getting better and my companions sure helped me a lot. It was funny because the second night I got here I prayed to have humility because I feel like I never admit that I need help.. and sure enough I woke up sharply at about 2 a.m. with the worst throat pains I've ever had and my sinuses felt like they were going to explode. So Heavenly Father gave me the chance to admit I needed help and go to the doctor and tell my companions and rest and etc. Our prayers definitely do get answered. I guess there is some truth to the saying, "Be careful what you wish for."
Well, I feel like I could keep typing forever but we have extremely limited e-mail time. Sigh. Oh I did want to say I got that package from the 9th ward. They are so great! If you see anyone tell them I say thank you. I am going to write them a card today.
Tell people to write me!! The elders in our district are definitely one-upping us sisters. That can not fly. Ha. Miss you.

Love,
Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment